UK-based regional carrier Flybe will exit its operations in Finland as it seeks to end continuing losses from the business. Flybe became the 60% majority shareholder in a joint venture with Finnair when the two carriers bought Finnish Commuter Airlines, Finncomm, in 2011. The Finnish national carrier held the remaining 40% in the joint venture, named Flybe Nordic. In an analysts’ briefing by Flybe Wednesday, continuing losses at Flybe Nordic were described as “unacceptable and ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"Flybe draws line under Finnish venture" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? Log in here.