Latvian carrier airBaltic could pursue an initial public offering (IPO) as one of its ownership options, as its 2018 performance continues to track ahead of 2017. In 2015, German businessman Ralf Dieter Montag-Girmes acquired 20% of the airline following a four-year privatization process. That stake was then sold on to Danish entrepreneur Lars Thuesen in 2017. However, the Latvian government has continued to look to further privatize some of its remaining 79.99% shareholding, with a ...

Subscribe to Access this Entire Article

"IPO among the options for airBaltic’s future ownership" is part of ATW Plus, our online premium membership. Subscribing will provide you access to exclusive news, carefully researched airline financial, fleet and traffic data, plus the option to receive our popular, award-winning print magazine. To learn more, click here. If viewing via ATW Mobile, please login and click "Read web article" to view fully. Questions?

Already registered? Log in here.